After hearing about it for a long time from your friends and your favourite youtubers / streamers, you have finally decided to approach the Story mode of GTA 5, the famous title of Rockstar Games.
You are having a lot of fun in the early stages of the adventure, but would like to know more about what are the best activities to bring home a lot of money. You then did a Google search and finally came here. Well, then you’ll be happy to know you’ve come to the right place!
In fact, in today’s guide we will explain in detail how to earn money on GTA offline. During this tutorial, we will show you the best activities to raise money, and will not fail to provide you with all the details of the case also on how you can spend the money during the GTA V campaign.
- How to make money on GTA 5 offline
How to make money on GTA 5 offline
The activities that allow you to raise money within the offline mode of GTA 5 are countless. Below are the ones we think you should take the most into consideration.
It may seem like a trivial piece of advice, but playing Story Missions is definitely one of the best ways to make quick cash on GTA 5 offline.
By completing the adventure alone, you will get a reward of 30 million dollars. A rather high figure, which will allow you to take away a lot of satisfaction within the game.
Be careful though: we recommend that you complete the Story Mode of GTA 5 without ever carrying out the assassination missions of the character Lester (if not the first, which is mandatory to complete the game). In fact, these missions will be very useful for you to earn a lot of money after the game ends.
In any case, even during the course of the campaign, the missions will surely help you to raise a good part of the money you need. Just think that, on average, a single mission can guarantee you around $ 20,000 .
Investments in the stock market
Investments in the stock market can guarantee a disproportionate amount of money once you finish the GTA V campaign.
Previously, we advised you not to carry out Lester’s assassination missions . In fact, the latter can be combined with stock market investments to achieve stellar profits. Clearly you need to have a substantial budget to start “playing” the stock market, but the $ 30 million you get at the end of Story Mode should be enough for you.
By investing properly in the stock market, you can easily get hundreds of millions of dollars in your character’s bank account. You simply have to make the right investments and that’s it. In case you don’t know, to make an investment in the stock market, you need to open your smartphone , select Web and access the Finance and Services section. Here you will find all possible investments .
Before explaining which companies you need to invest in, we want to explain to you why this method works.
Well, Lester’s assassination missions involve you, by controlling Franklin, going to eliminate important executives of multinationals. In particular, Lester will convince you to take out the less capable executives, the ones who can’t get their money right. In this way, once the missions are over, the missing executives will be replaced by more capable ones, who will be able to raise the value of the company’s shares on the stock exchange and consequently your earnings , in case you decide “by chance” to invest precisely in those companies at the right time.
The “trick” is therefore obvious: investing money in the right companies before carrying out their missions and letting the new executives raise the shares. In that sense, the biggest tip I can give you is to invest in the Debonaire shares before Lester’s second assassination mission , let the shares rise by 80% and then resell them . Once this is done, I recommend that you invest in Redwood and wait a few minutes for the value to start going up.
Always be careful not to sit still for too long – the stock could collapse at any moment, so sell it back as soon as the profit satisfies you. In any case, if everything has been done correctly, you should already have a lot of money on hand by now.
Continuing with Lester’s assassination missions, I recommend that you invest in the following companies: Fruit (before the third mission), Vapid (after completing the fourth mission) and Gold Coast (before starting the fifth mission). The method is always what I explained to you previously, you just have to pay attention to the investment timing .
Finally, if you really want to “go all-in”, you might want to try investing in Merryweather after finishing Story Mode . However, this investment may be riskier than the others. However, the gain will be consequently high and therefore making an attempt may not fail.
Take a stand at the ATM cash machines
If you’re in the first part of the GTA 5 adventure and don’t have a lot of activities to do yet, one of the quickest ways to get money is to lurk in front of an ATM (the cash dispensers scattered around the city).
The latter are usually located near banks or commercial activities (supermarkets, shops, strip clubs and so on). If you really can’t find one, I recommend that you go to the Little Seoul bank which is located in the center of Los Santos .
Once you arrive at the place, you have to wait for some passerby to use the ATM and withdraw money. Do not approach immediately, ignore it and chase him to a point where there are no more witnesses . At this point, take out the passerby, collect the money and run away from the police , in case he has been alerted.
You can repeat this process as many times as you want and of course you can go from ATM to ATM. The loot will be random, so passersby may sometimes have hundreds of dollars, while others zero. Also, you will clearly have to watch out for law enforcement .
Being a taxi driver
If, on the other hand, you want to “work normally” within the game, you might consider becoming a taxi driver . To start the business, simply get a taxi , clearly “borrowing it” from one of the many that go around the streets of GTA V.
Once inside a taxi, just press the button that is shown on the screen (eg L3 on PS4 ) and start following what customers ask . You won’t make a lot of money , at least initially, but if you’re just starting out on the adventure and need some cash, you might definitely want to consider this method
Do not underestimate the fact that, continuing with the game, you could even get to buy the taxi company, or the Downtown Cab Co. At that point, you could get much higher takings, but you will see that the game will explain everything to you with the continuation of the Story mode .
How do you say? Would you like to get luxury goods in seconds without having to play too much GTA V? No problem, I’ll explain immediately how to do it through the tricks .
You must know, though, that there is no code that can generate money , but you can still get superpowers and luxury vehicles . In this way, you will be able to complete the missions and other activities in no time at all and therefore you will certainly speed up your “climb to riches”.
To use the tricks on the console , you have to press the sequence of buttons linked to the various tricks, while on the PC you have to press the \ button on the keyboard (the one to the left of the 1 key) and then enter the relative code . In any case, I remind you that activating the cheats blocks the possibility of earning trophies in the session in which they were used. Below you will find the tricks that I think are most valid for GTA 5. The supported platforms are PlayStation 4 , PlayStation 3 , Xbox One , Xbox 360 and PC .
- Explosive Melee Attacks : Right Arrow, Left Arrow, X, Triangle, R1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L2 (PS4 / PS3). Right Arrow, Left Arrow, A, Y, RB, B, B, B, LT (Xbox 360 / One). HOTHANDS (PC).
- Quick Run : Triangle, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Right Arrow, L2, L1, Square (PS4 / PS3). Y, left arrow, right arrow, right arrow, LT, LB, X (Xbox 360 / One). CATCHME (PC).
- “Bang bang” (explosive bullets) : right arrow, square, X, left arrow, R1, R2, left arrow, right arrow, right arrow, L1, L1, L1 (PS3 / PS4). Right Arrow, X, A, Left Arrow, RB, RT, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Right Arrow, LB, LB, LB (Xbox 360 / One). HIGHEX (PC).
- Super Jump : Left Arrow, Left Arrow, Triangle, Triangle, Right Arrow, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Square, R1, R2 (PS3 / PS4). Left Arrow, Left Arrow, Y, Y, Right Arrow, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, X, RB, RT (Xbox 360, Xbox One). HOPTOIT (PC).
- Invincibility (5 minutes) : Right Arrow, X, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, R1, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, X, Triangle (PS3 / PS4). Right Arrow, A, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, RB, Right Arrow, Left Arrow, A, Y (Xbox 360, Xbox One). PAINKILLER (PC).
- Weapons: Triangle, R2, Left Arrow, L1, X, Right Arrow, Triangle, Down Arrow, Square, L1, L1, L1 (PS3 / PS4). Y, RT, left arrow, LB, A, right arrow, Y, down arrow, X, LB, LB, LB. TOOLUP (PC).
- Health and Armor : Circle, L1, Triangle, R2, X, Square, Circle, Right Arrow, Square, L1, L1, L1 (PS3 / PS4). Y, RT, left arrow, LB, A, right arrow, Y, down arrow, X, LB, LB, LB (Xbox 360 / One). TURTLE (PC).
- Rapid GT (Race Car) : R2, L1, circle, right arrow, L1, R1, right arrow, left arrow, circle, R2 (PS3 / PS4). RT, LB, B, right arrow, LB, RB, right arrow, left arrow, B, RT (Xbox 360 / One). RAPIDGT (PC).
- Stuntplane (stunt plane) : circle, right arrow, L1, L2, left arrow, R1, L1, L1, left arrow, left arrow, X, triangle (PS3 / PS4). B, right arrow, LB, LT, left arrow, RB, LB, LB, left arrow, left arrow, A, Y (Xbox 360 / One). BARNSTORM (PC).
- Comet (racing car) : R1, circle, R2, right arrow, L1, L2, X, X, square, R1 (PS3 / PS4). RB, B, RT, right arrow, LB, LT, A, A, X, RB (Xbox 360 / One). COMET (PC).
Other ways to earn money on GTA offline
If the methods outlined above aren’t your thing, know that GTA 5’s offline mode is chock full of tasks to complete to scrape together cash. Below you will find the ones I think are most valid.
- Store Robberies : A GTA Classic. You just need to enter a shop , point the gun at the shopkeeper , have the loot delivered to you and run away so as not to be identified by the police.
- Hunting : GTA V has many hunting reserves . After unlocking this possibility as the story continues, simply use the character Trevor , go to the right place and demonstrate your hunting skills. By targeting the right animals , you can make a lot of money .
- Adepts for the Sect of Altruists : While you’re controlling Trevor , some people may ask you to take them across town. However, when you get in the car , this rather questionable organization may ask you to bring individuals to them. If you do, the reward will be $ 1000 for each person.