Last month we talked about the PlayStation Partner Awards 2021 being announced, but now the winner have been selected.
The categories with which the prizes are awarded are three: Grand Award, Partner Award and Special Award.
- Genshin Impact , developed by miHoYo. The game is an open-world free-to-play that has enjoyed considerable success thanks to a vast world and a myriad of characters to choose from.
- Resident Evil Village , developed by Capcom. The eighth chapter of the saga has been positively received by published and critics. Village sees us take on the role of Ethan Winters, grappling with new enemies tougher than ever.
- eFootball PES 2021 Season Update , developed by Konami. The title is a football simulator, one of the most realistic on the market. A game that hit the spot especially among football fans.
These are awarded to the games with the best sales always between October 2020 and September 2021:
- Tales of ARISE , developed by Bandai Namco.
- Final Fantast VII Remake Intergrade, developed by Square Enix.
- Final Fantasy XIV, developed by Square Enix.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2, developed by Bandai Namco.
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… , developed by Square Enix.
Here we have three sub-categories, with sales always counted in the period between October 2020 and September 2021:
- Video games developed by people outside the Japanese and Asian areas have amassed a high number of sales in these regions. The winner is Apex Legends, developed by Respawn Entertainment;
- Independent games with a high number of sales. The winner is Edelweiss’ Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin;
- Titles made in the Japan and Asia, with particularly strong activity results. The winner is Devil May Cry 5, developed by Capcom.
What’s the PlayStation Partner Awards?
The PlayStation Partner Awards is a ceremony recognising some of the best game titles that have released on the platform during the year. This will be the 27th time the event would be held, since it started in 1994.
Traditionally, it is not just an event where players get to catch up on great news and announcements, but it is still interesting to see the progress of some third party games on PlayStation and maybe know some data regarding sales and partnership projects.
What do you think about the winners of this year’s PlayStation Partner Awards? Let us know.